High Impact Practices (HIPs)
Through the work of George Kuh and the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a set of teaching and learning practices has been identified as positively supporting student learning, engagement, and retention.
Descriptions of these practices can be found in AAC&U's Chart of High Impact Practices.
Below is the list of these practices along with resources to help illustrate those practices in action at UNO.
- First-Year Experiences
- Common Intellectual Experiences
- Learning Communities
- Writing-Intensive Courses
- Collaborative Assignments and Projects
- Undergraduate Research
- Diversity/Global Learning
- Service Learning, Community-Based Learning
- Capstone Courses and Projects