The Academic Assessment Committee, in partnership with UNO's General Education and Dual Enrollment programs, offers assessment mini-grants to support faculty and programs interested in examining and revising their assessment practices.
The Center for Faculty Excellence offers excellent resource materials on Assessment. Designing Effective Assessment, Introduction to Rubrics, Assessment: Clear and Simple and many other books are available to faculty at the CFE office located at 113 Eppley Administration Building.
Internal program reviews are an integral part of UNO’s assessment and planning processes for the unit, college, and university. Every academic program offered at UNO will be reviewed at least once within a seven-year cycle.
- Overview of Institutional Policy & Processes for Assessment
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Planning, Reporting, and Cycle
- Academic Planning Council
- Academic Assessment Committee
Program-Level Practices and Rubrics
- AAC&U Value Rubrics
- Metarubric (Lance Tomei)
- Best Practices in Program Assessment (Lance Tomei)
- Developing High Quality Rubrics (Lance Tomei)
Resources to assist in assessing graduate programs and the common UNO graduate student learning outcomes.
The faculty have adopted University General Education Curriculum to ensure that each UNO graduate possesses certain academic skills, experiences the breadth of a liberal education, and develops an appreciation for the diversity that exists in the nation and world.
- Overview of General Education Curriculum
- University General Education Committee
- General Education Assessment Committee
General Education Assessment Resources
Resources for creating meaningful Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are listed below.