University Committee on Honors and Awards
About the Committee
Be responsible for reviewing and recommending policies and procedures related to the establishment and conferral of special honors and awards which recognize faculty, staff, students, and community individuals through honorary degrees, citations, and other awards. Committee shall report its deliberations to the Chancellor; with respect to ceremonial occasions, the Committee shall advise the Vice Chancellor for Student Services and Enrollment Management.
Nine members, of which three shall be faculty selected by the Faculty Senate, two students (one selected by the Student Senate, one selected by the Chancellor), two administrators (selected by the Chancellor), and two members of the community-at-large (selected by the Chancellor), one of whom shall be an alumnus.
Faculty (Three-Year Terms, 08/01 & 07/31)
- Christopher Decker - - 08/01/16 - 07/31/19, (R4255-d, FS)
- Pamela Smith - - 08/01/14 - 07/31/17 (R4149-d, FS)
- Sara Myers - - 08/01/15 - 07/31/18 (R4203-d, FS)
- BJ Reed 08/01 - 07/31 (CH)
- tba Chair - Staff, 08/01/02 - 07/31/05 (CH)
- TBA 08/01 - 07/31 (CH)
- TBA 08/01 - 07/31 (SS)
- Martha Bruckner, UNO Alum (CH)
- TBA, UNO Alum (CH)
Lucy Morrison, Director of the Honors Program