Paul Beck Memorial Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Faculty Senate of the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) has sponsored scholarships for students since 1970 when Paul L. Beck, a long-time member of the History Department, urged faculty and staff to go beyond the classroom to assist capable students in their educational pursuits at UNO. Selection is based primarily on a student’s financial need in addition to academic standing, service to the community and/or university, and letter of faculty support.
$500-$1,000 scholarships will be awarded for the following academic year:
- Full-Time UNO Undergraduate (for Senior Year) Scholarship
- Full-Time UNO Graduate Scholarship
To access and complete the scholarship application, please sign in to AcademicWorks, the University’s scholarship management system, before March 1.
- Complete and submit the General Application Questions for university-wide scholarships.
- Complete and submit information for the Paul L. Beck Memorial Faculty/Staff Scholarship.
Applicant will need to submit:
- A one-page letter describing their financial need and how this scholarship will help them further their educational needs. Applicants should explain the nature of their financial need.
- A resume showing commitment to their community and school.
- The email address of a UNO faculty member who will submit a letter of support.
Selection is based on degree of need, scholarship, and service to the community and/or university. Scholarship decisions will be made by the University of Nebraska Faculty Senate Committee on Educational Resources and Services. Scholarship recipients will be notified by the Faculty Senate President.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time (Undergraduates 12 credit hours, Graduates 9 credit hours) during the term the scholarship is awarded.
- The scholarship is to be used during an awardee’s undergraduate senior year. Graduate applicants can apply at any time and is to be used during any term of an awardee’s graduate career.
- Applicants must be UNO students in good standing with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- All criteria/requirements must be fulfilled.
All scholarships are administered without regard for race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, political affiliation, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.