Proposed Application Change Feedback
Jump to Content:
View Notification Email
" I love this idea. I do wonder why the two month window. That is a long time and kids/parents with more time will still not meet the deadline. I would ask that you consider a 1 month deadline from the start of school."
" I think this is a good format!"
" I think this will work better especially now that AP registration has moved to first semester. The timing would be essentially the same so that might help parents keep track of what they are signing their kids up for.
Plus, this gives students a longer period of time to decide if they want to dual enroll or not because they will be in the class for a longer period of time. "
" We are fine with this change. We just need to know them ahead of time, so we can put on our website."
" I think this sounds great!"
" I really like the proposed changes and spoke with [UNO Dual Enrollment staff] about them last week."
" [high school] likes this proposed change re. the application window. We would also like to continue the visits from [UNO Dual Enrollment staff] each semester."
" [high school] supports all proposed changes for 2020-2021."
" I checked with the counselors at [high school] and we all feel a longer window of time would be great for students.
We do want to mention that AP[®] test costs are set based on dual enrollment. With the new AP[®] guidelines, students are required to sign-up early with a deadline in November. So keeping the DE registration for Fall early October would be helpful."
" I like the idea of having a set window for dual applications to be submitted. Would make it easier to communicate to families each year and they would know the timeline.
Starting the fall window August 15 is pretty early:
- For many districts in the Omaha area our first day of school is right around that date.
- We do a ton of schedule changes within the first 2 weeks of school (I would imagine other high schools may deal with the same thing.)
- My AP[®] class rosters won’t truly be finalized until 2 weeks after the start of school (I’d prefer to see the window start a little later, like September 1 – November 1.)
- Teachers also need time those first couple of weeks to get their classes settled and going (I wouldn’t want to ask them to start pushing dual enrollment before they’ve had a chance to really get their classes going for the year.)
" I love the idea of the two month window, it will help with consistency from year to year.
We will just need to address our 9 week classes at [high school] on our 4x4 Block Schedule and figure out what window to have for those classes that our offered in our 2nd and 4th Quarters."
- "We are willing to work with you on whatever process is easier for you. I would think a uniform deadline for all schools would be best. I like the idea of representatives still coming to the high schools to visit with kids about the program."
"I've thought long and hard about your proposal. I disagree that the enrollment window is too short. Parents and students handle what is in front of them. When given extended deadlines, they often lose track of the need to do anything. Many students and parents wait until the last minute no matter how much time is given.
That said, two months is WAY TOO LONG!!!! If you want a consistent deadline between all schools, please consider August 15 - September 15 or August 30 - September 30. Please do not go into October. With the changes the CollegeBoard has implemented, anything later becomes unwieldy.Please keep in mind, that for smaller schools, a drawn out window may not matter, but for large schools with many students participating in DE, a month is long enough."