Many institutions have a general statement on their website that explains their transfer credit policy.
Students are encouraged to ask the colleges or universities the following five important questions:
- Does your institution accept Dual Enrollment credit?
- If yes, how would you take Dual Enrollment credit from UNO? (i.e. course number and name)
- If no, ask about Advanced Placement® Exam policies
- Will I be considered a freshman regardless of the number of credits I bring in? (Make sure that you would still be eligible for all freshman scholarships.)
- Would the credits I bring to college count against the overall length and amount of any scholarships that I might receive?