Acceptance of Dual Enrollment credit is up to each college or university. It is the student’s responsibility to find out how the college or university accepts the Dual Enrollment credit.
Many institutions have a general statement on their website that explains their transfer credit policy.
Students are encouraged to ask the colleges or universities the following five important questions:
- Does your institution accept Dual Enrollment credit?
- If yes, how would you take Dual Enrollment credit from UNO? (i.e. course number and name)
- If no, ask about Advanced Placement® Exam policies
- Will I be considered a freshman regardless of the number of credits I bring in? (Make sure that you would still be eligible for all freshman scholarships.)
- Would the credits I bring to college count against the overall length and amount of any scholarships that I might receive?