There are four steps to applying for UNO course credit at your participating high school:
- Learn about Dual Enrollment
- Apply Online
- Receive Parental/Guardian Approval
- Pay the Dual Enrollment Fee
A UNO Dual Enrollment representative will visit partnering high schools during the beginning of each semester to explain the Dual Enrollment program. Information about Dual Enrollment will be passed out to the students and the online application will become available at that school
The online application must be submitted by the student by the application deadline, which is typically two weeks following the visit or when the application is live/active. Once the student submits the online application, an email is sent to the parent/guardian to approve participation in the program by the same application deadline.
Students requesting a paper application are to contact their respective High School Dual Enrollment Coordinator.
Once the student submits the online application, an email is sent to the parent/guardian to approve participation in the program by the same application deadline.
Depending on the Parental/Guardian approval/denial of the student's submitted application, the following outcomes may take place.
3a. Enrollment Denial
- If the Parent/Guardian denies the application submission OR neglects to approve the application submission by the high school specific deadline, then the student will not be considered for UNO Dual Enrollment course(s) for that term.
- If the student does not hold a 3.00 cumulative grade point average or higher, then the Dual Enrollment Coordinator will deny the submitted application.
3b. Enrollment Approval
- If the Parent/Guardian approves the application submission, the respective Dual Enrollment Coordinator will review the submission to see if the student holds a 3.00 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- If the submitted application is approved by the respective Dual Enrollment Coordinator, then the student will be enrolled in the courses(s) that the student applied for.
- Once enrolled in the course(s):
- The below Admit Packet will be mailed to the mailing address provided by the student during the application process
- A bill/invoice will be generated and mailed to the mailing address provided by the student during the application process
The cost for each Dual Enrollment course is a non-refundable $250 fee. After enrollment into the program, a billing statement will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
Get more information on cost and billing policies: Cost and Billing
See if you are eligible for the Access College Early (ACE) scholarship: ACE Scholarship
MavLINK is UNO's online student information system portal for students,
- Access class schedule
- View grades
- Request/Send Official UNO Academic Transcripts
- Pay bill
After being enrolled, the student will be sent two emails from TrueYou:
- one with the student NUID (Nebraska Unique Identifier)
- one with a temporary password which allows the student to set up their MavLINK account.
Students will continue to use the same NUID and password issued when first admitted to access their MavLINK account.
MavLINK Parent/Guardian/Guest Access
Students can authorize another person, such as a parent or guardian, to view specific types of personal information in the Student Information System (SIS) through a Guest Account.
Forgot NUID and/or Password
Students can retrieve their forgotten NUID or password by visiting TrueYou. For further assistance, contact MavTECH (formerly UNO Helpdesk) and familiarize yourself with the NUID Lookup and Password Change steps provided on their site.
To learn more about your login credentials (i.e. NUID, NetID, etc), visit the My Credentials webpage.
NOTE: Changing your password via TrueYou will update the password for all TrueYou associated accounts (i.e. Firefly, SAP, MyBlue, MyRecords, MyRED, MyNCTA, MavLINK, MyCSC, MyPSC, WildcatsOnline, etc)