UNO Libraries - Resources for Continuity of Services
UNO Libraries Continuity of Service Statement
Criss Library will be closed Saturday, March 21 through Sunday, March 29. Staff will be available for remote assistance.
For questions regarding:
- Exhibit scheduling
- Book renewals
- Library business and finance (billing, invoices, payments)
- Other library services
We will reopen on Monday, March 30th with limited hours and services. We will open the main (second) floor of the library to MavCard holders from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday for wifi and study space access. No book or technology checkouts will be available, and the computer lab will be closed. The library will remain closed on the weekends.
These plans could change pending recommendations from the Governor or Douglas County Health Department.
We encourage students to practice appropriate social distancing within the library and enhanced preventative hygiene measures. Limitations may be imposed on total building occupancy.
Should quarantine measures call for the closure of the Dr. C. C. and Mabel L. Criss Library and the KANEKO-UNO Library, students and faculty will still have online access to a broad range of educational resources including over a million e-books and hundreds of e-journals and databases through the UNO Libraries’ homepage.
Other important services will also be available
- InterLibrary Loan: Requests for electronic document delivery using e-journals will continue to be filled. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or visit: library.unomaha.edu/ill
- Reference and research assistance will continue, including online chat and asynchronous requests, through Ask-a-Librarian, and virtual research consultations scheduled here: libcal.unomaha.edu/appointments/.
- UNO Libraries provide access to many resources that are especially helpful to online and distance education students. See: library.unomaha.edu/onlinelearning
- Online access to select Archives & Special Collections materials can be found on the Digital Collections webpage: library.unomaha.edu/digitalcollections
If you need a UNO Libraries account, you can sign up for one here: library.unomaha.edu/myaccount