CultureFest features a variety of virtual performances, presentations, and demonstrations that showcase the rich cultural diversity of the Omaha community.
- Opening Session | March 1, 2021
- Virtual Performances and Demonstrations | March 1-3, 2021
- Art and Poetry Contests | March 1-3, 2021
- Closing Celebration | March 3, 2021
Event Registration and Prizes
CultureFest is free and open to the public, with all links to events, contests, and performances made available on this website page starting Sunday, February 28.
Psst! Register early to be entered to win UNO swag. Attendance required in order to receive the prize.
Omaha South High Magnet and Beveridge Magnet Middle School Attendees
If you are a Teacher or students please register so the UNO SLA can supply you and your students with the materials needed to follow along with the activities.
Engage with CultureFest on Social Media
This year, the UNO SLA is also using social media to engage with participants through CultureFest. Here's how to find them:
Rebecca Noble, Visual and Performing Arts Curriculum Specialist at Omaha South High Magnet Middle School, is giving attendees a warm welcome, followed by an introduction to the event by the UNO SLA.
This year’s virtual events will include drawing, photography, and poetry contests for elementary through college students. The prompt for the contests is “What does culture mean to you?” Students will be able to post images, audio, video, or written posts in response to this question, and CultureFest participants will vote for the winners.
Be sure to cast your votes on Padlet from March 1-5. The day-of-contest takes place on Padlet and is accessible to the public.
- Elementary and middle school participants can access the contest here.
- High school and above participants can access the contest here.
CultureFest will feature videos of performances and demonstrations from diverse groups in Omaha. The videos will include musical performances, cultural dances, art demonstrations, interactive educational activities, and more.
Schedule of Performances and Demonstrations
- Service Learning Academy Spotlight - Ali Al-Ghaithi
- Flamenco Omaha - Dance Performance
- Dowds Irish Dance Academy - Dance Performance
- Opera Omaha - Poetry Writing Exercise
- Practica de Felicidad - Student Presentations on the Practices of Happiness (in Spanish)
- Inclusive Communities - What Does Culture Mean to You?
- La Fuerza Modern Dance Co. from Omaha South Magnet School - Student Dance Performances
- Joslyn Art Museum - Virtual Art Tour and Drawing Activity
- Jordan Willis - Student Music Performance
- UNO’s Omani Student Association - An Introduction to Omani Culture
- The Union for Contemporary Art - Undesign the Redline Virtual Tour (Parts 1 & 2)
- Omaha International Folk Dancers - Dance Performance
- Gurukulam Center for Indian Arts - Dance Performance
- The Moving Company - Dance Performance
- Tri-Faith Initiative - Making Starter Pots for Your Garden
- The Heritage Project Recital Series - Student Piano Performances
- Service Learning Academy Spotlight - Mazin Al Rahbi
This session closes out the 2021 CultureFest with a video celebrating the participants and attendees while announcing the contest prize winners.