The UNO Service Learning Academy (SLA) and Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center (CEC) want to connect with more faculty across campus, so we are taking our offices to the colleges.
These sessions are open for faculty members, interested staff, and administrators from all colleges. We look forward to seeing you on March 12!
Scheduled Sessions and Drop-ins
The first scheduled stop is UNO's College of Public Affairs and Community Service (CPACS). Faculty members can make appointments or drop-in during the scheduled office hours provided below.
10 A.M. to Noon
1 P.M. to 4 P.M.
The SLA and CEC staff are excited to chat with faculty members about a variety of topics, including:
- Service learning course development
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to CEC space
- Starting an engaged research project
- Connecting to community partners
- Asset-based community engagement
- Best practices in service learning and community engagement
- Discuss community engagement connections to Big Ideas
Informational Lunch Session
Individuals are also welcome to join us for an informational lunch with the details provided below.
Noon to 1 P.M.
All events take place in CPACS 132D
The schedule for this session:
- Welcome by UNO's College of Public Affairs and Community Service (CPACS) Dean Dr. John Bartle
- Example of how one faculty member has accessed support from the SLA and CEC and a brief overview of their community-engaged research and scholarship by Dr. Jodi Benenson, Assistant Professor, Public Administration
- Overview of SLA support. resources, professional development, opportunities, and priorities by Julie Dierberger and Kirsten Case
- Overview of CEC space, policies, and opportunities to engage by Heike Langdon
Please RSVP for the lunch session at email@example.com by March 6th.
The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) is actively monitoring the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). In response, the UNO CEC is temporarily operating under a locked-door policy. Find more information and updates about the CEC on our website.
If you are sponsoring a special or public event happening in the CEC or would like to share a news tip or story please let us know.
Special Projects Associate