Enrollment permits are issued in the order in which they are received, unless special circumstances (as determined by your academic advisor) apply.
Not every request for an enrollment permit is approved. For example, your permit request may be denied if:
- you do not meet the pre-requisite(s) of the course
- you do not meet the requirements of the section
Using SOWK 2120-001 as an example, SOWK 2120 is the course, and 001 is the section.
Basic scenarios in which an enrollment permit may be approved:
- You tested out of the course pre-requisite by passing a waiver exam.
- With your academic advisor's help, you obtained approval to take a course from the GASSW Program Committee.
- You want to take a course out of sequence, and your academic advisor is supportive of this.
- The catalog description of the course indicates: "permission of the school is required."
- The section is closed, and a waitlist is not offered.