MPA GRE Waiver Policy
MPA GRE Waiver Policy
Applicants to the UNO School of Public Administration MPA program may be considered for a waiver from the GRE requirement, under one or more of the following circumstances:
- The applicant has previously received a graduate or terminal degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution of higher education. These degrees may include, for example, an M.S., M.A., MPH, MSW, M.D., Ph.D., or J.D.
- The applicant has GMAT or LSAT scores less than five years old.
- The applicant is enrolled in the UNO School of Public Administration Graduate Certificate of Public Management or Nonprofit Management program and has completed at least two courses in the program with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 and no less than a B+ in any course.
- The applicant is enrolled in the UNO Grace Abbott School of Social Work MSW program and has completed at least three courses with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 and no less than a B+ in any course.
- The applicant is enrolled in the UNO College of Information Science and Technology MS in MIS program and has completed at least three courses with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2 and no less than a B+ in any course.
- The applicant earned a 3.5 or above GPA in the last 50-60 credit hours of the earned bachelor's degree from a regionallly accredited college or university in the U.S., or the equivalent of such degree in another country.
- The applicant has five years of relevant professional work experience.
Please Note: A waiver request will not be granted automatically, and an approved waiver does not guarantee acceptance into the program. The waiver request should be made to the Academic Program Coordinator, who will forward the materials to the MPA Admissions Committee for review and decision. Furthermore, it is advised that all potential applicants discuss the viability of their waiver request with the Academic Program Coordinator (Dr. Meagan Van Gelder | email@example.com), prior to submitting a waiver request.
An individual requesting a GRE waiver should complete the GRE Waiver Request Form, which includes uploading copies of your current resume and copies of unofficial transcripts.