Collaborative Leadership Minor & NextGen Leadership Corps
Lead. Collaborate. Change the World.
Beginning in fall 2022, UNO’s College of Public Affairs and Community Service and College of Business Administration will begin the NextGen Leadership Corps and the Cross-Sector Collaborative Leadership minor. Available to all who attend UNO, this minor will introduce students to the inner workings of organizations across nonprofit, public, and private sectors. The minor aims to create more prepared professionals and more informed citizens while preparing graduates to lead our communities.
NextGen Leadership Corps
Through UNO's NextGen Leadership Corps, you can earn a scholarship and join a network of future leaders from universities across the U.S. If you want to make a change for the greater good and want to learn about how to lead and network with private, nonprofit, and public organizations, check out NextGen and the Cross-Sector Collaborative Leadership Minor below.
Cross-Sector Collaborative Leadership Minor
The Collaborative Leadership Minor prepares students to collaboratively address complex, cross-sector challenges. Students will develop their leadership skills through developing and leading a cross-sector project, collaborating with private, nonprofit, and public sectors.
This minor allows students to gain knowledge and experiences that will enable them to:
Understand and apply collaborative leadership across the public, nonprofit and business sectors.
Effectively approach and communicate with cross-sector partners.
Analyze issues and challenges from the perspectives of all three sectors.
Recognize the interconnectedness of all three sectors.
Demonstrate cultural understanding.
Develop and evaluate cross-sector collaboration initiatives.
Apply strategic and project management skills.
18 credit hours of courses are required for the minor.
Courses required for ALL students enrolled in the minor (12 credit hours)
- PA3800/MGMT3800: Cross-Sector Collaborative Leadership
- PA 2000: Leadership and Administration
- PA 3200 Program Planning and Evaluation or PA 4200 Community Organizing and Social Change or PA 4440 Organizational Development and Change or PA 4530 Strategic Planning
- PA 4960: Cross-Sector Collaborative Leadership Capstone
Required courses that would depend upon the student’s major:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) majors are required to take the following three courses (6 credit hours):
- PA 2170 – Introduction to Public Administration (3 credit hours)
- PA 3700 – Financial Management for Nonprofits (3 credit hours) or PA 4390 – Public Budgeting (3 credit hours)
Bachelor of Science in Political Science majors are required to take the following three courses (6 credit hours):
- MGMT 1500 introduction to Business
- ACCT 2000 Accounting Basics or ENTR 3710 Entrepreneurial Foundations or PA 4440 Organizational Development and Change
All Other Majors are required to take the following three courses (6 credit hours):
- MGMT 1500 Introduction to Business
- PA 2170 Introduction to Public Administration or PA 3500 Nonprofit Organizations and Management
Contact Information for the Collaborative Leadership Minor
Questions regarding the Collaborative Leadership Minor can be directed to the program coordinator:
Meagan Van Gelder, Ed.D.402.554.3480
University of Nebraska at Omaha | unomaha.edu
School of Public Administration
Academic Program Coordinator