PhD in Gerontology
Earn your PhD at the University of Nebraska Omaha Department of Gerontology.
The PhD in Gerontology at the University of Nebraska Omaha replaced the PhD in Human Sciences with a specialization in gerontology from the University of Nebraska Lincoln.
The Department of Gerontology is grateful to our colleagues in the UNL College of Education and Human Sciences for their support and encouragement of students pursuing a doctoral degree in gerontology since it was first established in 1978.
PhD Application Deadlines and Process:
Application deadline: February 1st
Please send the following materials to the UNO Office of Graduate Studies:
- Application fee ($45)
- All official transcripts from post-secondary educational institutions
- GRE Scores
- TOEFL for all international students and a financial statement
- Curriculum vitae
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement of previous education and experience, post degree goals
- Sample of writing/research
- - Manuscript or published article resulting from earlier research such as master’s
- - Paper given at a professional meeting
- - Substantial paper (e.g., review of literature, critique of a research article, grant
- - Professional materials developed for use in one’s workplace
6001 Dodge Street,
Eppley Administration Building
Omaha, NE 68182-0209
Prospective students wishing to pursue the PhD in Gerontology are invited to contact the University of Nebraska Omaha Department of Gerontology offices at 402-554-2272.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.