Dual Degree Program - Gerontology and Law
The Department of Gerontology and UNO and the College of Law at UNL are partnering to meet the needs of aging adults and their families.
• Master of Arts in Social Gerontology & Juris Doctor (J.D.)
• Master of Arts in Social Gerontology & Master of Legal Studies
• Graduate Certificate in Gerontology & Juris Doctor (J.D.)
• Contact Dr. Chris Kelly in the Department of Gerontology to discuss interest in the dual degree program. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (402) 554-2272
• Apply to UNL College of Law, indicating interest in joint program.
• Apply to UNO Graduate Studies & UNO Department of Gerontology
• Comply with the application requirements of both the College of Law and the Department of Gerontology.
- In addition to the first year curriculum and upper division requirements, complete:
• Elder Law (3 hours)
• Wills and Trusts (3 hours)
• Individual Income Tax (4 hours)
• Estate Planning (3 hours)
• One of: Law and Medicine, Law of Patient and Provider, or Bioethics (3 hours)
Gerontology Courses Required for Joint Degree Students:
• Applied Social Gerontology (3 hours)
• Psychology of Adult Development and Aging (3 hours)
• Programs and Services for the Elderly (3 hours)
• Practicum (3 hours)
• Graduate Seminar in Statistical Applications (3 hours)
• Dying, Death, and Grieving (3 hours)
• Structural Equation Modeling (3 hours) or Health Aspects of Aging (3 hours)**
**For non-thesis option students