SYLVIA SIPORIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Sylvia Siporin Memorial Scholarship honors the life of Sylvia Siporin. Sylvia attended college while in her 40s and died before completing her degree. It is the donor’s wish to enable others to achieve Sylvia’s goal of achieving a college education. The amount of this scholarship varies from year to year, but typically ranges from $500 to $1000.
Eligibility for the scholarship includes, but is not limited to:
- Pursuit of any Area of Concentration in the Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies (BMS) Degree;
- Regular (consistent) enrollment in the Division of Continuing Studies (minimum of two semesters);
- Status as a non-traditional, undergraduate student; and,
- Demonstrated financial need.
The Division of Continuing Studies offers the Blacketer Scholarship each Fall and Spring. This is a one-semester scholarship in the amount of $200-$300. To apply, you must be a current Division of Continuing Studies student, have a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or better, and demonstrate financial need. You may be enrolled either full time or part time. This scholarship is not intended for those students who have their tuition paid for by either their employer or the military. University of Nebraska system full-time employees are also not eligible.
DCS STUDENT AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR): Check back later for 2018-2019 academic year opportunities
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies (BMS) Degree and
- Regular (consistent) enrollment in the Division of Continuing Studies
This is a two-semester scholarship in the amount of $500 (250 to be awarded in fall 17 and 250 to be awarded in spring 18).
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.