- Academic amnesty can be given only for “F” and “D” grades made within the University of Nebraska system (UNO, UNL, UNK, UNMC).
- Students must have been out of the Nebraska system for at least one year.
- Only courses with “F” and “D” grades earned prior to the year out will be included in the amnesty contract.
- Twenty-Four (24) graded semester hours at UNO (called an amnesty run) must be completed.
- Amnesty coursework will begin with the first course(s) taken upon return to the University.
- Students must maintain continuous enrollment (at least six (6) semester hours completed within any 12-month period).
- A 2.5 GPA must be achieved over the amnesty run. If the 2.5 GPA is not accomplished within the first 24 credit hours, the run is continued until the 2.5 GPA is earned.
- The student must inform an academic advisor when the amnesty requirements are met.
- Amnestied grades will remain on the transcript but will be annotated as Academic Amnesty Excluded from GPA.
- Academic Amnesty completion makes students ineligible for academic honors at graduation. Students are still eligible for Dean’s List and Chancellor’s List honors.