To Be Eligible:
- Academic amnesty can be given only for “F” and “D” grades made within the University of Nebraska system. The system includes the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Omaha, Kearney, and the Medical Center.
- Students must sit out of the Nebraska system for at least one year.
- Only courses with “F” and “D” grades earned prior to the year out will be included in the amnesty contract.
To Complete the Contract:
- Amnesty coursework will begin with the first course taken upon return to the University.
- Twenty-Four (24) graded semester hours at UNO (called an amnesty run) must be completed.
- Amnesty candidates must maintain continuous enrollment with at least six (6) semester hours completed with a grade each academic year or the amnesty contract will be voided.
- A 2.5 GPA must be maintained on the amnesty run. If not accomplished within the 24 hours run, the contract is continued until the 2.5 GPA is achieved.
- An academic advisor must be informed by the student when an amnesty program is completed. The advisor will request a re-computation of the GPA.
When Contract is Complete:
- Amnestied grades will remain on the transcript but will be annotated as not included in the GPA.
- Academic Amnesty completion makes students ineligible for academic honors at graduation. Students are still eligible for Dean’s List and Chancellor’s List honors.