General Administration Concentration
All course work applied towards University General Education Curriculum and Concentration Requirements require a minimum grade of C-.
University General Education Curriculum: (40 hours)
- English (9 hours)
- Intermediate Algebra (3 hours)
- Public Speaking (3 hours)
- Humanities/Fine Arts (9 hours)
- Social Sciences (9 hours)
- Natural & Physical Sciences (7 hours)
- Cultural Diversity Courses (6 hours)
For complete details and guidelines for selecting approved courses, ask your advisor or visit http://www.unomaha.edu/academic-affairs/general-education/distribution-requirements.php
Concentration Requirements: (30 hours, must include 9 hours upper level from UNO)
- 30 hours of Accounting (ACCT), Economics (ECON), Entrepreneurship (ENTR), Finance and Banking (FNBK), Business Administration (BSAD), Law and Society (LAWS), Management (MGMT), Marketing (MKT), Real Estate (RELU), Supply Chain Management (SCMT) and Public Administration (PA).
An optional allied field of up to 9 hours may be taken in the following department:
- Political Science
Secondary Field I: (12 hours)
Secondary Field II: (12 hours)
Each secondary field must include 12 credit hours from the same subject.
Electives: (26 hours)
Electives may include any excess hours in general education, concentration or secondary fields. The number of elective hours may vary but total degree must comprise 120 hours.
Total Degree: (120 hours)
Each course is 3 hours unless otherwise noted.
A minimum 30 hours of upper level (3000-4000) coursework is required for the Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies Degree.
Check the catalog to verify any course prerequisites as they are not listed above. Students should also note that not all courses are taught each semester. If a specific course is needed, students should verify the course offering with the department.
This area of concentration is not comparable to the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA). Nonetheless, students who wish to make use of nontraditional credit or to have a more flexible program may find this area of concentration beneficial.
- Due to the UNO College of Business' AACSB accreditation, students in the Division of Continuing Studies are permitted to use only 30 hours of UNO business credit toward their Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies Degree. Students need to plan their 30 hours of business courses carefully to make the best use of these hours.
- Students pursuing a BMS Degree may not enroll in MGMT 4480 Corporate and Business Strategy or MGMT 4500 Special Problems in Management.
For career information, check out the Academic and Career Development Center.
Advising appointments may be made in person, over the phone at 402.554.2370 or online using MavTRACK. DCS does not accept walk-in or same-day advising appointments.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.