Regardless of which aspect of aviation and transportation interests you, an area of concentration in Aviation Studies prepares you to work in this fast-paced industry. You'll be connected with hands-on experiences in the nationally recognized UNO Aviation Institute.
|Concentration Requirements (Blocks 1 & 2)*||30 hours|
|AVN 1000 Introduction to Aviation||3 hours|
|AVN 1040 History of Aviation and Aerospace||3 hours|
|AVN 2020 Airline Operations OR AVN 2050 Introduction to Airport Administration||3 hours|
|Select 21 hours in AVN courses||21 hours|
|Students pursuing Aviation Studies online should select 21 hours from these courses|
- *Must include at least 12 hours of upper level credit completed at UNO
A minimum of 120 hours are required for the Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Studies degree. A complete list of degree requirements can be found here.
- Students may receive up to 21 hours for FAA flight certificates and ratings:
- 3 hours may be used in the area of concentration
- 15 hours may be used in Block 3
- 3 hours may be used in electives
- These hours are not transferable to the UNO Bachelor of Science in Aviation degree.
- This program does not qualify for the Restricted ATP Certificate
|Students with an area of concentration in Aviation Studies may find careers in:|
|• Professional pilot|
|• Corporate and general aviation|
|• Airline operations|
|• Federal government|
|• Air traffic control|
|• Safety and security|
|• Airport administration|
|• Operations management|