Funded Graduate Students
Congratulations to Ebonie! She recently accepted a faculty position at Illinois State University, beginning January, 2022.
Congratulations to Brandon! He recently accepted a faculty position at University of Texas San Antonio, starting in the fall of 2022.
Congratulations to Nicky! She recently accepted a faculty position at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts.
- Interests: Victimology, Violence Against Women, Sexual Assault Case Processing, Policing, and Decision-making
- Interests: Criminological rationalizations for terrorism, homegrown violent extremism, Salafi-jihadist ideology,
- leadership development within violent ideological groups, and radicalization and mobilization pathways
- Interests: CJ Systems; Systemic Oppression and Inequities; Activism and Reform; Trauma-informed Practices; Critical Criminology
- Interests: Victimology-Centered approach with a focus on human trafficking, family violence, and the overlap of prior victimization.
- Mental Health and disability in the criminal justice system
- Interests: Domestic Violence, Violence Against Women, Victimology, Policy and Policing
Michaela E. Goldsmithmichaelagoldsmith@unomaha.edu
- Interests: Victimology, Victim Services, Child Abuse and Neglect, Domestic Violence, Sexual Violence, and Policing
- Interests: Mental Health among Offenders, Women and Crime, Pathways to Offending, Program and Policy Evaluation, Sexual Deviance
- Interests: Domestic/International Terrorism, Gangs, Hate Crimes, and American Indian Studies
- Interests: Sexual Violence, Crimes against Women, Gender and Crime, Re-Victimization, IPV
- Interests: Victimology, Victim-centered Policy Making, Victim Rights, Campus Sexual Harassment/Assault, Missing and Murdered Indigenous Persons,
- Domestic Violence, Women in Criminal Justice
Sarah Al Falatahsalfalatah@unomaha.edu
- Interests: Mental Health and Crime, Solitary Confinement, Biosocial Criminology, and Offender Decision-Making
- Interests: Mental Health and Crime, Psychology and Crime, Women and Crime, Juvenile Justice, Child Abuse and Neglect, Family Violence,
- Policing, Women in Policing, Personality Traits and Criminal Behavior
Christopher F. Connellychristopherconnell@unomaha.edu
- Interests: Corrections, Security Threat Groups and Management, Extremist Organizations, Restrictive Housing in Corrections, Gangs
Interests: Cybercrime and Trafficking, Sociology, Race and Crime, Women in Policing, Police Officer Wellness, Policy and Program Evaluation
- Interests: Domestic Extremism, Radicalization, Violence, Corrections
Interests: Biosocial and Biopsychosocial Criminology, Individual Differences in Crime and Victimization, Risk and Needs Assessment, Traits and Criminality, Traits and Victimization, Criminological Theory and Philosophy, Psychology and Crime, Criminal and Victim Decision-Making, Social Construction of Deviance and Criminality, Emotions and Criminality
- Interests: Human Trafficking Prevention, Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Violence, Juvenile Justice, Women and Crime
Morgan (McBride) VanSlykemmcbride@unomaha.edu
Interests: Human Trafficking, Victimology, Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence, Terrorism, Organized Crime, and Policing