Curriculum and Requirements
As of January 2019, the curriculum of the Certificate in Fundraising Management is being updated and revised to reflect new trends and current best practices in fundraising. We have new instructors with fresh content and more flexible requirements.
The current curriculum offers these courses. Additional courses are in development.
- Digital Communications: Relationships, Engagement, and Fundraising.
- Donor Stewardship, Prospect Development, and Donor Data Management.
- Effective Fundraising for Your Nonprofit.
- Innovative Annual Giving.
- Planning for Your Complete Capital Campaign.
- Managing Up and Out.
- Media and Marketing for Fundraisers.
- Media for Fundraisers.
- Tapping into the Power of Corporate Giving.
- Telling Your Program Story for Grants and Fundraising.
- Executive Coaching for Fundraisers.
To earn the UNO Certificate in Fundraising Management you need to complete a total of six courses within five years.
You may also attend an individual course or any combination of courses you choose if you would like to upgrade your skills in a specific area but not complete all of the Certificate requirements.
There are no prerequisites for these fundraising management courses.
Each one-day class meets from 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. on the University of Nebraska at Omaha Dodge campus at 6001 Dodge Street. Visit our Directions & Parking page for more information about the location.
The registration fee of $279 per class includes materials, lunch, and parking.
Certified Fund Raising Executive
Full participation in a CFM class is applicable for 8 points in Category 1.B – Education of the Certified Fund Raising Executive International application for initial certification and/or recertification. Documentation of participation will be provided upon successful completion of a class.