An influential force: research and data and creating new knowledge
The Center for Public Affairs Research is a research and community outreach unit of the UNO College of Public Affairs and Community Service.
- CPAR staff members have degrees and experience in a wide variety of disciplines, including economics, agricultural economics, social gerontology, law, urban studies and policy planning.
- Since 1989, CPAR has been the lead agency for the Nebraska State Data Center Program.
- CPAR and the NSDC held the 25th Annual Data Users Conference on August 19, 2014. The Nebraska conference is one of the longest active conferences for any state data center in the nation.
- In 2013, CPAR celebrated its 50th Anniversary. Read a brief history.
- CPAR was awarded the 2006-2007 Chancellor’s Strategic Planning Award for Community Engagement. CPAR staff also directed additional programs that have received the Chancellors' Strategic Planning Award for Community Engagement: Neighborhood Center's Graffiti Scan Program (2009-10, Russell Smith) and Nebraska Municipal Clerk Institute & Academy (2010-11, Melanie Kiper).
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.