ExpressJet Airline Pilot Pathway Program
ExpressJet Airlines agrees to guarantee employment to a student if the student meets the following requirements and provided that the Airline is currently hiring. In the event that ExpressJet is not hiring, successful candidates will be placed in a hiring pool and will be placed in future new hire classes.
- * Must have completed the sophomore year with a minimum of 60 academic credit hours applicable to your Aviation Degree.
- * Must hold a 1st Class Medical for the initial university interview and before being placed in a new hire class at the airline.
- * Must be eligible to accept employment in the United States without being sponsored.
- * Must sucessfully pass ExpressJet's interview processes and meet Program Requirements below.
- * Must sign a release form authorizing a review of their academic, aeronatuical and other school records by the airline.
- * A minimum of 30 credit hours must have been completed in residency at UNO.
- * Commercial/Instrument/Multi-Engine licenses and ratings must be obtained through UNO. Also complete CFI.
- * A minimum of two letters of recommendation must be obtained from the following:
- - One from the Department Chair or designee
- - Another from the University of Nebraska at Omaha
- - Chief Flight Instructor or designee
- * Complete the Bachelor of Science in Aviation-Professional Flight with a minimum GPA of 2.75 and a minimum 3.0 GPA in your major.
- * Additional requirements discussed by appointment.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.