ExpressJet Airline Pilot Pathway Program
ExpressJet Airlines agrees to guarantee employment to a student if the student meets the following requirements and provided that the Airline is currently hiring. In the event that ExpressJet is not hiring, successful candidates will be placed in a hiring pool and will be placed in future new hire classes.
- * Must have completed the sophomore year with a minimum of 60 academic credit hours applicable to your Aviation Degree.
- * Must hold a 1st Class Medical for the initial university interview and before being placed in a new hire class at the airline.
- * Must be eligible to accept employment in the United States without being sponsored.
- * Must successfully pass ExpressJet's interview processes and meet Program Requirements below.
- * Must sign a release form authorizing a review of their academic, aeronautical and other school records by the airline.
- * A minimum of 30 credit hours must have been completed in residency at UNO.
- * Commercial/Instrument/Multi-Engine licenses and ratings must be obtained through UNO. Also complete CFI.
- * A minimum of two letters of recommendation must be obtained from the following:
- - One from the Department Chair or designee
- - Another from the University of Nebraska at Omaha
- - Chief Flight Instructor or designee
- * Complete the Bachelor of Science in Aviation-Professional Flight with a minimum GPA of 2.75 and a minimum 3.0 GPA in your major.
- * Additional requirements discussed by appointment.