Undergraduate Application Deadlines
|Without Scholarship Consideration||1 August||1 December||1 July|
|Priority Deadline for Scholarship Consideration||15 December||N/A||N/A|
- Junior standing and at least 85 hours of completed coursework in undergraduate degree.
- Computer Science Major GPA of greater than or equal to 3.5, and overall GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Other admission requirements established for the MS in Computer Science program.
Interested students will be required to present a portfolio containing the credentials listed below. Whenever possible, candidate students will be required to present their portfolio to the Integrated Undergraduate/Graduate (IUG) program advisory committee.
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least two from faculty
- Statement of intent; a personal statement about why the student wishes to apply for the IUG track
- Undergraduate transcripts
- For non-UNO transfer students, the general GRE examination score
- Other supporting documents (e.g., projects and papers, research activities, software, work experience, etc.) should be included where possible
Students are highly encouraged to identify and work with a faculty mentor who knows their background and can champion their application to the IUG track. The application to the IUG track will be considered as a complete package. Therefore, obtaining a high undergraduate GPA and/or a high GRE score is not a guarantee of admission to the track.
Applications for the graduate program are evaluated by the Graduate College and the Computer Science Department's Graduate Program Committee. Both evaluations must be complete before an admission decision will be made.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering* from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 GPA.
*Applicants who have degrees in other fields will also be considered for admission. Admitted students may make up their deficiencies in computer science by completing the Transition Program.
- Online Application for Admission
- Official GRE scores**
- For international applicants: official TOEFL scores**
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
**All scores must be valid during the time the application is being processed.
Recommended Entrance Exam Scores
- GRE Quantitative: at least 158 for computer-based, or 740 for paper-based
- GRE Verbal: at least 146 for computer-based, or 400 for paper-based
- TOEFL: minimum 550 for paper-based, 213 for computer-based
- TOEFL iBT: minimum 80
- IELTS: minimum 6.5
GRE Waivers are available for students graduating from the University of Nebraska system with a degree in Computer Science and a GPA of 3.5 or greater, and students who have earned a Master's or more advanced degree in a closely related discipline.
Graduate Application Deadlines
All required admissions documents must be submitted by deadline below to be considered for admission for that particular semester.
|Without Financial Aid Request||1 July||1 November||1 March|
|With Financial Aid Request||1 February||1 September||N/A|