Teacher Scholars must be first-time freshmen and enrolled in a UNO College of Education teacher preparation program.
During the selection process, the committee looks for incoming freshmen who have a record of academic excellence, have a passion for teaching, are committed to community engagement, and embody strong leadership characteristics.
On your application
- An ACT score above 22 will qualify. You must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 to qualify.
- Your résumé must show a commitment to your community and school through volunteer service and extracurricular activities.
- You will upload a link to a 2-3 minute video response to allow the committee to see your aptitude for leadership—we want to weet you!
What excites you about the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s College of Education?
Select one question:
- What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more? OR
- What is your proudest accomplishment for which you did not receive recognition?
During Interview Day
- You will experience an interview with panel of experts.
- You will be asked to complete a writing sample.
- You will take part in a group activity.