During the selection process, the committee looks for incoming freshmen who have a record of academic excellence, have a passion for teaching, are committed to community engagement, and embody strong leadership characteristics.
On your application
- An ACT score above 22 will qualify but preference will be given to those with an ACT score above 26. You must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 to qualify but preference will be given to those with a GPA above 3.0.
- Your résumé must show a commitment to your community and school through volunteer service and extracurricular activities.
- You will upload a link to a 2-3 minute video response to allow the committee to see your aptitude for leadership--We Want to Meet You!
- The video prompt consists of one (1) response to a required question and one (1) response to a question you select from the options provided.
Required: What excites you about the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s College of Education?
Select one: What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more? OR What is your proudest accomplishment for which you did not receive recognition?
Three letters of reference to endorse your prior experiences and passion for teaching.
- You will experience an interview with panel of experts.
- You will be asked to complete a writing sample.
- You will take part in a group activity.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.