The application for the 2020-21 opens in November
How do I apply?
Incoming freshmen applying to the Teacher Scholars must first be admitted to the UNO College of Education.
To access and complete the Scholar application:
- Log in to MavLink
- Under the Financial Aid tab, click Financial Aid Home
- Scroll down and click Apply for (academic year) Scholarships (right side). Complete and submit the General Application Questions for university-wide scholarships. This application serves as your application for available College of Education scholarships
- Applicants who qualify will be directed to complete the application for Teacher Scholars Academy
What's on the application?
We are looking for scholars who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, commitment to communities, and passion for teaching– exemplified by:
- A résumé showing commitment to your community and school through volunteer service and extracurricular activities
- A link to a 2-3 minute video response to two prompts that allow the committee to see your aptitude for leadership
- Three letters of reference to endorse your prior experiences and passion for teaching
I've submitted my application. What's next?
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email to let you know your application has been received.
The selection committee will begin reviewing applications after the February 1st deadline. The top applicants will be invited to Interview Day held oin March.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.