The STEM effort is led at UNO by four community chairs, a STEM leadership team, and many other faculty, staff and administrators undertaking specific initiatives, as well as the Office of STEM Education (OSTEM) offering administrative support. The success of P-16 students in the Omaha-metropolitan area is at the heart of the UNO STEM mission, which is guided by a strategic plan that has been co-developed with a wide range of community partners.
- Provide effective and efficient communication and coordination between OSTEM members
- Promote STEM education to department, college, campus, and P-12 organizations
- Seek, coordinate, and encourage STEM-related projects and grants
- Increase the number, quality, and diversity of STEM teachers
- Enhance collaboration with the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education, and College of Information Science and Technology.