The College of Education at the University of Nebraska at Omaha consists of five educational units. Each diligently adheres to the requirements and standards established by nationally recognized accrediting bodies and state agencies.
- ALA/AASL: American Library Association / American Association of School Librarians
- CAA: Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- CAATE: Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education*
- CACREP: Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs
- CEC: Council for Exceptional Children
- CAEP/NCATE: Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation / National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- NDE: Nebraska Department of Education
- The average GPA of candidates admitted to initial level educator preparation programs is 3.49 on a 4.00 scale.
- The average GPA of initial level completers is 3.56 on a 4.00 scale.
PRAXIS I EXAMS
The average scores of candidates admitted to the initial level educator preparation programs on the PRAXIS I, Core Academic Skills for Educators Test are:
- Reading...........180 (state minimum: 156)
- Math................170 (state minimum: 150)
- Writing............171 (state minimum: 162)
PRAXIS II CONTENT TEST RESULTS: SEPTEMBER 1, 2015 - AUGUST 31, 2016
|Test||State Pass Score||Pass Rate|
|Art: Content Knowledge (5134)||158||71.43%|
|Biology: Content Knowledge (5235)||148||100%|
|Business Ed: Content Knowledge (5101)||154||100%|
|Chemistry: Content Knowledge (5245)||140||*|
|Elementary Ed: Curriculum and Instruction Assessment (5017)||159/153||98.80%|
|English Language Arts: Content and Analysis (5039)||168||100%|
|French: World Language (5174)||162||*|
|Health Education (5551)||155||*|
|Health & Physical Ed: Content Knowledge (5857)||160||*|
|History (World & U.S.: Content Knowledge (5941)||147||*|
|Library Media Specialist (5311)||151||100%|
|Mathematics: Content Knowledge (5161)||146||81.82%|
|Music: Content and Instruction (5114)||152||83.33%|
|Physical Ed: Content Knowledge (5091)||146||*|
|Physics: Content Knowledge (5265)||131||*|
|(Principal) Ed Leadership: Administrative & Supervision (5411)||145||100.00%|
|Reading Specialist (5301)||164||87.10%|
|School Counselor (5421)||156||100%|
|School Psychologist (5402)||147||100%|
|School Superintendent Assessment (6021)||152||100%|
|Science (General): Content Knowledge (5435)||148||100%|
|Social Studies: Content Knowledge (5081)||154||100%|
|Spanish: World Language (5195)||156||*|
|Special Ed: Core Knowledge & Applications (5354)||151||100%|
|Special Ed: Deaf/Hard of Hearing (5272)||160||100%|
- Candidates are placed in 193 schools across the state in 43 school districts.
- Over 132,560 PK-12 students are in metro area schools by 15,337 cooperating school personnel.
PROGRAM GRADUATE FOLLOW-UP SURVEY
|Average Costs (Fall 2015)||
|Tuition & Fees||$6,898||$5,836|
|Room & Board||$8,742||$8,742|
|Books & Supplies||$1,030||$1,030|
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.