Teacher Academy Project (TAP)
Secondary education certification for individuals with an undergraduate degree.
Participants will be enrolled as full-time students and the graduate level work completed through this program may be applied toward completion of a master's degree in secondary education. This accelerated program is offered once a year and allows for completion of the certification requirements in one calendar year.
TAP candidates complete a combination of undergraduate and graduate coursework in a participating Metropolitan Omaha Educational Consortium (MOEC) district.
- Provide a quality alternative certification option that leads to secondary teacher certification.
- Provide TAP candidates with professional development opportunities while completing certification requirements under the mentorship of the TAP support team.
- Provide support for individual TAP candidates with mentoring by district and university staff.
Benefits of TAP
- A practical education experience in a MOEC school working with students, faculty, and administrators in an internship role.
- Immersion in the culture of a secondary school with an opportunity to observe the modeling of effective teaching techniques and strategies followed by opportunities for immediate application.
- Priority consideration for employment upon successful completion of the program.
- Academic course work is completed in an area of secondary endorsement.
- Graduate studies focus on the coursework required for teacher certification. Twenty-four hours of study can be applied to a master's degree in secondary education.
- Each intern is assigned a trained support team that consists of district and university staff to provide professional and educational leadership in the school environment.
TAP is supported through the Metropolitan Omaha Educational Consortium (MOEC). Members include the following:
- Bellevue Public Schools
- Bennington Public Schools
- Council Bluffs Community Schools
- Douglas County West Community Schools
- Educational Service Unit #3
- Educational Service Unit #19
- Elkhorn Public Schools
- Gretna Public Schools
- Iowa Western Community College
- Metropoliton Community College
- Millard Public Schools
- Omaha Public Schools
- Papillion La Vista Community Schools
- Ralston Public Schools
- Springfield Platteview Community Schools
- Westside Community Schools
- UNO College of Education
For additional information:
- Dr. Jennifer Sinclair
- College of Education, Roskens Hall 312
- Email: email@example.com