Chris Moore, PhD
James Christopher Moore
- Dr. George F. Haddix Community Chair
- Physics, Associate Professor
Christopher Moore is the Dr. George F. Haddix Community Chair in Physical Science and associate professor of physics at the University of Nebraska Omaha. Holding a M.S. in applied physics and a Ph.D. in chemistry from Virginia Commonwealth University, Dr. Moore has worked as a physical science teacher at several secondary schools in Virginia, as a professional materials scientist, and as a scholar of and consultant on science education. Dr. Moore is author of the book "Creating Scientists: Teaching and Assessing Science Practice for the NGSS".
Dr. Moore runs the Physics Education Research Lab at UNO. Using both quantitative and qualitative research methods, the lab focuses on investigations of novice/expert practice within the context of physical science. Specifically, the lab is focusing on the following four major projects:
1. Development and validation of an assessment of practice abilities for use in the introductory physics laboratory.
2. Development and validation of assessment items in physical science for use with NGSS-based state standards.
3. Efficacy of reflection-based activity on problem-solving process development in novice problem-solvers.
4. Modeling cognitive thresholds that effect learning potential in physics.