Auditions for our two spring semester mainstage shows, Blood at the Root and Peter and the Starcatcher
Open to all UNO students, faculty, staff and the Omaha community. Participants can attend either audition times.
Sunday, November 24, 2019, from 6-9pm or Monday, November 25, 2019, from 6-8pm in the Weber Fine Arts Building / Room 331.
All undergraduate Theatre Performance Majors are required to audition on Sunday, November 24, 2019.
Cast lists: Announcements will be posted to the UNO Theatre Call Board (outside of WFAB Room 006)
Questions Contact: Madelyn Hubbard, UNO Theatre Stage Manager at email@example.com
Director: Denise Chapman
Casting: Seeking an ensemble of 3 W & 3 M. All genders, ethnicities, & abilities are encouraged to audition
Rehearsals begin Mon. January 14, days & times to be determined
Performances run Feb. 19-22 and Feb. 28-Mar. 1
Brush-up rehearsal & photo call: Tues., Feb. 27
Director: Maire Creegan
Musical Director: Hal France
Casting: Seeking an ensemble of 11 to 18. All genders, ethnicities, & abilities are encouraged to audition.
Rehearsals begin Mon. Feb. 3. Days and times to be determined.
Performances run Apr. 15-18 and 22-25
Brush-up rehearsal & photo call: Tues., Apr. 21
UNO Theatre Audition Guidelines & Helpful Hints
Everyone is welcome to participate in UNO Theatre events throughout the year
- ALL undergraduate Theatre majors need to attend auditions on Sunday, November 24 and should be available the evenings of Monday, December 2, unless waived in writing by Professor Steven Williams. Absence from any of these sessions may affect casting/crewing decisions.
- The Public is welcome to attend audition sessions Sunday or Monday night without an appointment.
- Appointments for both nights of auditions and technical interviews will be available starting in November with sign-up sheets posted on the bulletin board outside WFAB 006. Please sign-up for an audition slot and arrive to your audition 15 minutes prior to your assigned time.
Your audition pieces:
- Total time: 3 minutes for 2 contrasting monologues or 1 monologue and 1 song
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Report to Weber Fine Arts Building (WFAB) 331 at least 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Turn in your completed audition form with your resume (if available) to the Audition Monitor. Be specific and clear in noting your schedule and conflicts.
- The audition order will be set by the Audition Monitor.
- If you do not have a prepared audition, a cold reading will be provided by the Audition Monitor.
- We will try to accommodate any schedule conflicts with auditions. Please inform the Audition Monitor of these as soon as possible.
- Bring a current photo and resume to your audition. Please note that these will not be returned unless requested.
Callbacks from Monday’s auditions will go up as soon as possible, following the audition.
- All callbacks, casting, and crewing will be posted on the Theatre callboard outside WFAB 006. If you cannot access this information, please let Stage Management know as soon as possible so we can keep you informed.
- Rehearsals will be 5 or 6 evenings per week, any time between 6-11 pm (usually 3-3 1/2 hours)
Additional casting and crewing opportunities also available for studio productions, Directing class projects and special events.