About the Gallery | Hours
Where Omaha Art Begins
The UNO Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Weber Fine Arts Building near the North Entrance. Handicap Parking is available in Lot K south/southwest of the building.
The UNO Art Gallery is a professional exhibition space consisting of two large galleries (1,500 square feet) and a Hexagon gallery (675 square feet).
Opened in 1992, the gallery presents contemporary art (made in the last 20 years) by artists with regional and national reputations. These exhibitions offer students the opportunity to see the diversity and vitality of contemporary visual arts and support the educational mission of the School of the Arts. In addition to a bi-annual exhibition of work by UNO Art Faculty, the gallery’s annual schedule includes BFA Thesis Exhibitions at the end of the fall and spring semesters and Juried Student Shows. Opening receptions, which are held for every exhibition, are free and open to the public.
The gallery also hosts a variety of events (lectures, gallery talks, tours, UNO Friends of Art events, and other programs). These events provide opportunities to meet members and supporters of the Omaha art community.
The gallery mounts eight exhibitions each academic year.
Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. | 10am - 4pm
Fri. Sat. Sun.
The gallery is closed on holidays and during academic breaks.
Admission is free unless otherwise specified.
The gallery is accessible to people with disabilities. Contact us if in need of special assistance.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional gallery information.
ATTENTION GUESTSThe following guidelines for the Gallery have been developed to help ensure the health and safety of the campus community. It is important to note that these guidelines may be modified as the COVID-19 situation and corresponding federal, state, and local guidance continues to evolve.
• Wear a face covering while in the gallery and while inside Weber Fine Arts
• Maintain appropriate safe distances (physical distancing) when interacting with others
• Practice good hygiene by washing hands with soap and water often for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
• Stay home if, on the day you want to visit, you or a member of your household is sick
• Complete a self-assessment through the 1-Check COVID app or a similar mechanism the day you visit
• If someone who attended an event is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 2 weeks of the event, they should notify the UNO Office of Health Security at email@example.com