- Operations Manager
- School of Music
Julianne has a bachelor’s degree in music and a long history of involvement with music, including singing, playing flute and piano, songwriting, recording, and teaching. She has performed with various bands, choirs, ensembles, and theaters, as well as performed events for hire, including weddings, graduation parties, etc. In addition, she is part of a duo, The Lovely Falls, which performs original and cover music at various local venues and has placed multiple times in an international songwriting contest. She also enjoys collaborating on songwriting and recording projects with local musicians, as well as recording her own compositions and arrangements in her home studio. She also teaches beginner piano lessons to youth and adults.
Professionally, Julianne has worked in a variety of administrative and communications positions throughout her career. She is very excited to be a part of UNO and to join the world of music in a professional capacity that allows her to use her musical education and experience along with her office experience in a unique and rewarding position.
• Schedule rooms, oversee events, and maintain the calendar of the Strauss Performing Arts Center. Along with staff, operate lighting and sound equipment for the performing venues.
• Communicate regularly with Facilities Management regarding building maintenance, campus security, custodial and information services, as well as coordinate parking for events. Additionally, communicate with Public Safety to oversee the School’s security cameras and keep optimal access to the building including keys and access cards.
• Train, supervise, and evaluate an operations assistant and approximately ten student workers to ensure the School of Music is represented in the highest professional manner.
• Work with internal and external clients to book facility rentals and manage all events in the Strauss Performing Arts Center, including contracts with guest artists in the community and from out of town. Communicate with the Mill Bail Student Center for payment of building rentals.
• Publicize School of Music events through press releases, programs, website updates, and other communications in collaboration with University Communications.
• Maintain the School of Music equipment inventory, including maintenance checks. Along with the Coordinator of Music technology, oversee audiovisual needs of the School of Music.
• Troubleshoot logistical issues and solve problems in regards to space and venue to provide excellent customer service to patrons.
• Assist the Director of the School of Music as a member of the Advisory Committee, except for personnel matters.