Maverick Business Solutions took the spring 2018 Capstone Cup, an award-winning undergraduate competition unique to the UNO College of Business Administration.
Four teams advanced to the final event, held April 20, after two previous rounds of competition, which started with 108 students split into 25 teams.
The final event featured a networking reception designed to match employers with CBA students who are near graduation.
The Capstone Cup combines integrated learning with community and alumni engagement. Student teams have 10 days to analyze a complex business situation, develop and creative and practical solution, and build a presentation for a panel of faculty, alumni and business leaders. Competition benefits:
- A real-time professional development experience for students
- Enhanced engagement with alumni and local business community
- A prime opportunity for employers to identify and recruit up-and-coming talent
FIRST PLACE: Maverick Business Solutions
Sponsor: TD Ameritrade | Prize: Oculus Rift
- Elise Adams, Accounting
- Skyler Kilzer, Management
- Carlo Eby, Business Finance, Banking & Financial Markets, Investment Science & Portfolio Management
- Casey Morris, Supply Chain Management
- Katie Salerno, Real Estate
SECOND PLACE: Prestige Worldwide
Sponsor: First Data | Prize: Yeti Cooler & Hy Vee Gift Card
- Erin Dabbs, Management
- Kyle Pane, Finance & Banking
- Kennedy Sloan, Accounting
- John Van Haute, Marketing
THIRD PLACE: TAJA Consulting
Sponsor: Union Pacific | Prize: Nebraska Furniture Mart Gift Card
- Ali Alsaadi, Management
- Alex Willits, Accounting
- Jen Fallon, Finance, Banking, Marketing, Real Estate
- Tyler Stansberry, Marketing
FOURTH PLACE: JC3 Consulting
Sponsor: Jet Linx | Prize: Bose SoundLink Micro Speaker
- Chad Beck, Entrepreneurship
- Jake Page, Management
- Chris Riedmann, Marketing
- Caitlyn Thierstein, Accounting, Business Finance, Banking & Financial Markets
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.