Certificate in Business Leadership for Health Professionals
Developing a Business Edge to Drive Results that Matter
The Certificate in Business Leadership for Health Professionals offers individuals working in a variety of healthcare settings and roles insight into the business principles that drive results that matter. Executive-level business and leadership principles are taught by faculty experts from the University of Nebraska Omaha College of Business Administration.
These principles are then amplified through the experiences of world-renowned guest speakers from across the country who are working in and with healthcare organizations. They are leading academic researchers and experts with real-world healthcare experience.
Each session incorporates engagement activities, discussions, and results-driven exercises that focus on developing a business edge for healthcare professionals.
Thursdays October 7, 14, & 21, 2021
8:30am - 4:30pm
Attend in-person at UNO's Mammel Hall College of Business or via Zoom. Participants will select one mode during registration.
**Seating is limited both in-person and on Zoom.
Masks and social distancing required in the classroom.
$999 fee includes program materials and on-campus parking
*20% discount for groups of 3 or more. Please contact Lori McGaffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduction of business principles from a wide array of fields including strategy, leadership, data management, finance, quality control, and collaboration.
- Discussion of principles in the context of healthcare through examples, case studies, and experience.
- Application of principles to real-life scenarios through activities and results-driven exercises.
What Questions Will Be Addressed?
- How do I think more strategically about myself and my organization and how does that impact my career path?
- How can I work with change in the organization?
- How do external challenges or opportunities influence how my organization does business?
- What is my role in improving quality and control in the organization?
- How are healthcare projects and programs evaluated financially?
- What does it take to lead in healthcare?
Who Should Enroll
Individuals working in the healthcare industry that are currently in leadership positions or have potential for leadership.
Healthcare industry includes hospitals, physician's offices, dentist offices, nursing or residential facilities, home healthcare, health practitioner's offices (physical therapists, chiropractors, optometrists, psychologists, and occupational therapists), outpatient care centers, ambulatory services, medical and diagnostic laboratories, and education.
Meet the Faculty Experts
Chief Information Security Officer
UNMC and Nebraska Medicine
We understand that changes in plans or schedules may result in a participant not being able to attend the program as planned.
All withdrawal or deferral notifications must be sent in writing via email to email@example.com. A full refund may only be obtained if notification is received at least 5 days prior to the program start date. Due to program preparation and administration costs, any withdrawals or deferrals received less than 5 days prior to the program start date are subject to penalty fees as described below:
- More than 5 days’ notice: 100% Refund
- 3-4 days’ notice: 50% Refund OR 100% deferral to next program
- Less than 2 days’ notice: 0% Refund OR 50% deferral to next program
Deferrals: Participants may defer to a future program; transfers are valid only within one year of the original program start date. It is the responsibility of the participant to enroll in a course, at which time the balance will transfer. After one year, the balance is non-refundable.