EMBA Program Electives
- Work independently selecting topics from a list of pre-authorized independent studies or creating a new, personalized course that may include a work-related project.
- Elective Weekends (built into the schedule) for students who want more structure and enjoy collaborating and networking with classmates and alumni.
- Certificate tracks may also be an option. Please ask the EMBA office for more details.
- A Passive, Index Investment Program for 401(k) Investors
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street
- Applications in Competitive Intelligence
- Business Plans for Entre/Intrapreneurial Ventures
- Conceptual Foundations of Social Media Marketing
- Eco Marketing – Green has Gone Mainstream
- Marketing in Emerging Economies
- Social and Interactive Media Marketing Strategy
- Stock Trak Investment Portfolio Simulation
- Strategic Leadership
- Sustainability for Managers
- Understanding Non-Profit Financial Statements
Course Highlight: The Genius of Warren Buffet
The only course of its kind in the United States, The Genius of Warren Buffett: The Science of Investing and the Art of Managing offers Executive MBA Students a unique opportunity to explore an in-depth evaluation of the life, character, investment, management, business, and charitable career of the Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Chairman and CEO. Executive MBA Students also have the opportunity to interact with lifelong learners from across the globe.
Internationally acclaimed keynote presenter, author, and distinguished authority on Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway, Robert P. Miles built the course to include distinguished guest speakers and multiple valuation case studies of actual businesses and stocks purchased by Warren Buffett.
The course culminates with participant presentations of businesses/stocks that would fit into the Berkshire family of businesses. Students choose the business/stock individually or as part of a team, then defend the selection.
Executive MBA Students may take the Genius of Warren Buffett course as an independent study elective. The course deliverables include an Investment Analysis team paper on the business/stock chosen to “pitch” to Berkshire Hathaway. It includes a buy recommendation supported by a detailed company overview, a statement of risk, economic, market, industry analysis, and ratio and valuation breakdowns.