RETURNING PARTICIPANTS: SIGN INTO SONA
- Log in with your user- name and password. https://unocablab.sona-systems.com
- If you forgot your password, select the “forgot password”. For security you need to do this twice. A new password will be sent via email. OR if you are having trouble, send the Koraleski CABLab an email and we can help you. firstname.lastname@example.org
- My Profile: Enter your birthday information. You must be 19 to participate.
Add your courses that have assigned Research Participation, select the “change courses”—red button. You must add/update courses to see available studies
- Now that you have a Sona account, see the next list of instructions to sign up for a study.
SIGN UP FOR AN ONLINE RESEARCH STUDY TO BE COMPLETED REMOTELY.
- The first study to complete is “Individual Characteristics”. This must be completed 1 time per school calendar year before you may sign up for any other studies.
If you completed in Fall '20 you do not have to repeat again.
- Click on “View Available Studies” (green bar).
- Select the study “SPECIAL ONLINE VERSION Individual Characteristics OFF CAMPUS Fall 20/ Sum 21." (Red bar on left shows studies that have timeslots available).
Note: For this study you will earn .5 units after the study is completed. Click on “View Time Slots for This Study” (green bar located at the bottom of the screen).
- Timeslots for Study tab: Assign the “course to receive credit” by clicking on the drop-down box.
- Click on “Sign Up” (green bar). You can sign up and complete the study immediately. (The date shown is the day all studies close---but some courses require this to be done by an earlier date.)
- Click on View Study Website and begin the study.
- Enter your SONA Identity Code when prompted when completing the study (Do not enter your name or your university ID number.) The SONA ID is the number listed under your name in your SONA account. This will ensure your participation credit is issued correctly to your account after you have completed the entire study.
- You will earn the units of credit associated with the study after completion.
- After you have completed the study it will take you back to the SONA sign in screen and then you can sign up for additional studies. See the bolded instructions below.
- You can sign into your account and check the My Schedule/Credits tab to make sure credit was issued to the correct course.
To sign up for additional studies. View the studies available, select a study to complete, then start with the step that says, "View time slots for this study” and repeat steps listed above for your study.
- If you need assistance or additional studies to satisfy your sourse requirements, please contact the Koraleski CAB Lab, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
- It is the Student's Responsibility to verify their Courses, Instructor, and Earned Credits are correct. To check go to: “My Profile” and “My Schedule & Credits” in sona.
- Alternative Assignment: Write a 3-4-page research brief that compares theories/concepts related to your course. Each research brief is worth 1 unit and is due on December 3 @ 5:00pm OR if your instructor indicates an earlier completion date. Must email to Koraleski CABLab @ email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If you need 2 units, then 2 research briefs are required, etc. See specific details on the Student Guide.
- ALWAYS use your SONA Identity Code when prompted in research studies to ensure you are issued credit for completing the study. (Do not enter your name or your university ID number.)