Sign Up for Study
Sign Up For a Study - Get started today
TO SIGN UP FOR A NEW CBA SONA ACCOUNT
- Visit https://unocablab.sona-systems.com. This is the CBA SONA account. (The Psych department uses a separate SONA system.)
- Click Request Account.
- Complete Account Set-Up. Complete all fields. Important to use your UNO email address and complete the birthday information.
- Add your courses that have assigned Research Participation. You must add/update courses to see the studies that you are eligible to complete. Make sure course/section numbers are correct.
- Complete Prescreen with demographic information. This completes the account sign up.
- See directions for “HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A LAB BASED STUDY”.
- Save the email from SONA confirming your user- name and password information. This information will be needed to sign into your SONA account. Suggest you also re-set your system assigned password.
- You will be assigned a SONA Identity Code (typically 5-6 digit number that is unique to you). This number is used to register and complete studies. The SONA Identity Code is listed under your name in the My Profile tab. The SONA Identity Code will be referenced in the confirmation emails when you sign up for studies. This is the number that identifies you in the system for course credit. DO NOT USE YOUR NAME OR UNIVERSITY ID NUMBER.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A LAB BASED STUDY TO BE COMPLETED IN THE KORALESKI CAB LAB
- The first study to complete is “Individual Characteristics”. This must be completed 1 x per school calendar year.
- Click on “View Available Studies” (green bar).
- Select the study “Fall 19/ Sprg 20 Individual Characteristics CAB Lab Based Survey----No Sensors”. (Red bar on left shows studies that have timeslots available). Note: For this study you will earn .5 units after the study is completed in the CAB Lab.
- Click on “View Time Slots for This Study” (green bar located at the bottom of the screen).
- Timeslots for Study tab: Assign the “course to receive credit” by clicking on the drop-down box.
- Click on “Sign Up” (green bar) Select an appointment time to come to the Koraleski CABLab to complete your study.
- You will be sent an email confirming the date/time for your appointment.
- On the date of your appointment, please arrive at the Koraleski CABLab 5-10 minutes prior and bring your SONA Identity Code for check in. (to locate go to SONA, “My Profile”, and the SONA Identity codes is indicated below your name.)
- Enter your SONA Identity Code when prompted both for the check in process and when completing the study (Do not enter your name or your university ID number.)
- You will earn the units of credit associated with the study after completion.
- To sign up for additional studies. Select a study, start with step c above and repeat.
- You must have completed the Individual Characteristics requirement 1 x per school calendar year.
- Most studies require an appointment and are completed in the Koraleski CABLab. Walk-In appointments may be available depending upon lab capacity.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment time, please contact the CABLab 24 hours prior to your study via email @ email@example.com NO SHOWS will lose sign up privileges.
- Complete your research participation requirements early in the semester as studies may close.
- Must earn at least 1 unit by October 18 (Friday before Fall Break)
- Students Responsibility to verify their Courses/Instructor/Earned Credits are correct. To check go to: “My Profile” and “My Schedule & Credits”.
- Alternative Assignment: Write a 3-4-page research brief that compares theories/concepts related to your course. This is worth 1 unit and is due on Dec 6th @ 5:00pm. Must email to Koraleski CABLab @ firstname.lastname@example.org. See specific details on CAB Lab website
- ALWAYS use your SONA Identity Code when prompted in research studies to ensure you are issued credit for completing the study. (Do not enter your name or your university ID number.)
- Need Assistance: Please contact the Koraleski CAB Lab.