Sign Up for Study
NEW PARTICIPANTS: SIGN UP FOR A NEW CBA SONA ACCOUNT
- Visit https://unocablab.sona-systems.com. This is the CBA SONA account. (The Psych department uses a separate SONA system.)
- Click Request Account.
- Complete Account Set-Up. Complete all fields. Important to use your UNO email address and complete the birthday information. You must be 19 years of age to participate.
- Add your courses that have assigned Research Participation. You must add/update courses to see the studies that you are eligible to complete. Make sure course/section numbers are correct.
- Complete Prescreen with demographic information. This completes the account sign up.
- Save the email from SONA confirming your user- name and password information. This information will be needed to sign into your SONA account. Suggest you also re-set your system assigned password.
- You will be assigned a SONA Identity Code (typically 5-6 digit number that is unique to you). This number is used to register and complete studies.
- The SONA Identity Code is listed under your name in the My Profile tab. The SONA Identity Code will be referenced in the confirmation emails when you sign up for studies. This is the number that identifies you in the system for course credit. DO NOT USE YOUR NAME OR UNIVERSITY ID NUMBER.
- See directions below for “How to Sign Up for a Koraleski CABLab Research Study to be Completed Remote/Online at Home.”
- ALWAYS USE YOUR SONA ID NUMBER TO ENSURE CREDIT IS CORRECTLY ISSUED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
SIGN UP FOR AN ONLINE RESEARCH STUDY TO BE COMPLETED REMOTELY.
- The first study to complete is “Individual Characteristics”. This must be completed 1 time per school calendar year before you may sign up for any other studies.
If you completed in Fall '20 you do not have to repeat again.
- Click on “View Available Studies” (green bar).
- Select the study “SPECIAL ONLINE VERSION Individual Characteristics OFF CAMPUS Fall 21 thru 22." (Red bar on left shows studies that have timeslots available).
Note: For this study you will earn .5 units after the study is completed. Click on “View Time Slots for This Study” (green bar located at the bottom of the screen).
- Timeslots for Study tab: Assign the “course to receive credit” by clicking on the drop-down box.
- Click on “Sign Up” (green bar). You can sign up and complete the study immediately. (The date shown is the day all studies close---but some courses require this to be done by an earlier date.)
- Click on View Study Website and begin the study.
- Enter your SONA Identity Code when prompted when completing the study (Do not enter your name or your university ID number.) The SONA ID is the number listed under your name in your SONA account. This will ensure your participation credit is issued correctly to your account after you have completed the entire study.
- You will earn the units of credit associated with the study after completion.
- After you have completed the study it will take you back to the SONA sign in screen and then you can sign up for additional studies. See the bolded instructions below.
- You can sign into your account and check the My Schedule/Credits tab to make sure credit was issued to the correct course.
To sign up for additional studies. View the studies available, select a study to complete, then start with the step that says, "View time slots for this study” and repeat steps listed above for your study.
- If you need assistance or additional studies to satisfy your sourse requirements, please contact the Koraleski CAB Lab, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
- It is the Student's Responsibility to verify their Courses, Instructor, and Earned Credits are correct. To check go to: “My Profile” and “My Schedule & Credits” in sona.
- Alternative Assignment: Write a 3-4-page research brief that compares theories/concepts related to your course. Each research brief is worth 1 unit and is due on Dec 3 @ 5:00pm OR if your instructor indicates an earlier completion date. Must email to Koraleski CABLab @ email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org If you need 2 units, then 2 research briefs are required, etc. See specific details on the Student Guide.
- ALWAYS use your SONA Identity Code when prompted in research studies to ensure you are issued credit for completing the study. (Do not enter your name or your university ID number.)