CBA Undergraduate Registration Permits
Request a permit
The following are common reasons you may need to request a permission number
- Your combined University of Nebraska GPA is currently below the required minimum but is expected to be at or above the GPA requirement by the start of next semester. (Your GPA must be at the required GPA by the start of classes to stay enrolled).*
- You are taking or have taken a prerequisite course at another institution that has not yet been officially transferred to UNO.**
The following are common reasons you may not be able to enroll in a course and will NOT be granted a permission number:
- You are attempting to enroll in an Honors-only section and are not an Honors student. If the course section number is 091-099, it is an Honors-only section.
- You are attempting to enroll in a Scholars-only section and are not a CBA Scholar student.
- You are attempting to enroll in a TLC-only section and are not a TLC student.
- You are attempting to enroll in a Success Academy-only section and are not a Success Academy student. If the course section number starts with 7, it is an Success Academy-only section.
- You have not met the prerequisites, nor do you have proof of plans to complete the prerequisites, prior to the start of the semester.
*If you are repeating a CBA course because of a previous grade in that course of C (2.0) or lower, you may stay enrolled in the course without the required GPA. However, you may not take any new CBA classes until you meet GPA requirements.
**If you are currently enrolled in a prerequisite course at another institution, you will need to provide proof to the CBA Advising Office of your current enrollment before you will be given a permission number. To stay enrolled in the course, you will need to provide proof by the first day classes start, showing you have completed the course with a C (2.0) or above (or a C+ or above if it is Principles of Marketing or Principles of Management pr Principles of Finance and you wish to continue in those subjects). In addition, you should request an official transcript be sent to the UNO Admissions Office as soon as a final grade is posted.