CBA Undergraduate Registration Permits
Request a permit
The following are common reasons you may need to request a permission number:
- You are currently in or will be starting your first semester at UNO and do not have an established UNO GPA.
- Your combined University of Nebraska GPA is currently below the required minimum but is expected to be at or above the GPA requirement by the start of next semester. (Your GPA must be at the required GPA by the start of classes to stay enrolled).*
- You are taking or have taken a prerequisite course at another institution that has not yet been officially transferred to UNO.**
- You are enrolling in MGMT 4480. This class is reserved for graduating seniors who have completed a senior check form. All students taking this course must request a permission number to enroll.
The following are common reasons you may not be able to enroll in a course and will NOT be granted a permission number:
- You are attempting to enroll in an Honors-only section and are not an Honors student. If the course section number is 091-099, it is an Honors-only section.
- You have not met the prerequisites, nor do you have proof of plans to complete the prerequisites, prior to the start of the semester.
*If you are repeating a CBA course because of a previous grade in that course of C (2.0) or lower, you may stay enrolled in the course without the required GPA. However, you may not take any new CBA classes until you meet GPA requirements.
**If you are currently enrolled in a prerequisite course at another institution, you will need to provide proof to the CBA Advising Office of your current enrollment before you will be given a permission number. To stay enrolled in the course, you will need to provide proof by the first day classes start, showing you have completed the course with a C (2.0) or above (or a C+ or above if it is Principles of Marketing or Principles of Management and you wish to continue in those subjects). In addition, you should request an official transcript be sent to the UNO Admissions Office as soon as a final grade is posted.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.