Explore Film, Literature, Theatre and Concerts at Home
Thank you to our friends at Humanities Nebraska for most of these tips.
- Wednesdays at 12 P.M. CST: The Kaneko-UNO Library is offering "We Read," a virtual story hour livestreamed on Facebook each week through mid-May. You can watch the streams live or view at a later time on their Facebook page.
- The Lied Center for Performing Arts in Lincoln is offering streaming concerts periodically. The first was Friday, March 27, which can still be viewed online. Learn more on their website.
- The Durham Museum in Omaha has launched a series of digital learning videos. Register for each one to get the link(s) emailed to you.
- The National Willa Cather Center has virtual tours of the author's landmark locations in Red Cloud, including her childhood home, the Red Cloud Opera House, the train depot and the prairie.
- Morrill Hall at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln now offers hands-on activities, virtual field trips, digital learning sessions and virtual planetarium shows.
- The Metropolitan Opera is offering Nightly Opera Streams throughout the spring. Each performance is available for a period of 23 hours, from 7:30 p.m. EDT until 6:30 p.m. the following day. See upcoming shows at their website.
- Various musicians are also offering free concerts during the pandemic. Check out this Vulture article for all the details.