Faculty Development Fellowship
The deadline for submission of applications for the 2020-2021 academic year is September 9, 2019.
Faculty who have completed six years of full-time service at any academic rank are eligible to compete for an award of Faculty Development Fellowship either for a full year at half pay and full benefits or for a half year at full pay and full benefits. Each six-year period of full-time service shall renew eligibility to apply for a Faculty Development Fellowship. (Section 184.108.40.206, Agreement between Regents and UNO/AAUP)
Each year the Office of Academic Affairs will prepare a list for each college of all faculty eligible to compete for award of FDF. Each applicant must submit a written proposal to his or her department chairperson/school director. The dean and the Arts and Sciences Advisory Committee will review the FDF applications. The dean will prepare a recommendation to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. (Additional Guidelines Approved by Academic Affairs 1/10/94)
1. Current CV
2. Recommendation of department chair
3. UNO Faculty Development Fellowship Application (Save form to your computer before attempting to complete.)
- Your response to Item 6 on the UNO form should not exceed 2200 words. Wordcount should be indicated at the end of the application.
- To maximize the accessibility of your application to the reviewers, please organize your responses to Item 6 according to the section outline provided below:
APPENDIX (not to be included in wordcount): Supporting documentation of plan for collaboration (i.e., letters from collaborators describing their support of the proposed work)
4. Full year FDF request for travel funding (Save form to your computer before attempting to complete.)
FDF Instructions to Department Chairs
- Evaluate the proposal and recommend approval/disapproval.
- Include a statement on how the department plans to resolve possible hardships that might occur to students as a result of the applicant's absence.
- Rank order applications if your department has more than one FDF application in a given year.
- Deliver application(s) and recommendation to the college.