College of Arts & Sciences Excellence in Research or Creative Activity Award
Excellence in Research or Creative Activity Award
Eligibility: Graduate faculty in the College of Arts & Sciences with at least three years at UNO
Nominator: Department or program chair or UNO colleague
- the candidate’s C.V.
- a letter from the nominator that addresses the quality and importance of the candidate’s scholarship relative to his/her discipline.
- 1-3 letters of recommendation, ideally including letters from experts outside the University of Nebraska System.
- contribution to intellectual environment locally, regionally, nationally, or internationally through excellence in research or creative activity
- originality/creativity and significance of the research
- presentations, invited/refereed at conferences at professional meetings at local, state, national, or international forums
- professional research or creative activity, such as grants (completed and funded)
- awards and honors received relative to research or creative activity
- participation in the publication of a scholarly journal as part of the editorial board
- other activities that may not have been addressed by the guidelines stated above
Nomination: One-sentence nominations may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 16, 2020. The Advisory Committee will send out a congratulatory email to all nominees, copied to department chairs (and/or nominators) which will include the url for the award procedures and requirements.
Letters of Support: The Advisory Committee will solicit all letters of support. Nominees will submit a list of names and email addresses for soliciting letters of support to email@example.com no later than November 30, 2020.
Nominees may want to also contact their list of supporters directly to encourage their participation.
Letters of support may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 29, 2021.
Applications and all supporting materials must be received no later than January 29, 2021.