The World is Your Classroom
Study Abroad for History!
Pictured Above: In the summer of 2015, UNO students visited the Vatican Museum and numerous other sites during the Study Abroad Course titled "History in Italy: Rome and Pompeii"
Why Study Abroad?
Now, more than ever, our world is interconnected. To grow intellectually, personally, and professionally, students must become "global citizens," skilled at interacting in and between multiple cultures and capable of analyzing issues of historical and contemporary significance on a global level. UNO's Study Abroad opportunities offer a challenging adventure. Students who return from Study Abroad courses consistently report that they developed a greater sense of independence and confidence in their capabilities. Experiences from Study Abroad courses can help you:
- -Develop new perspectives on academic subjects and real-world issues
- -Study a variety of subjects in-depth and from different cultural perspectives.
- -Enhance your education through daily interactions in a foreign culture with host families and community members outside the classroom.
- -Improve and achieve proficiency in a foreign language
- -Experience personal growth
- -Develop valuable career skills, including:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Independence and self-confidence
- Teamwork and communication
- Motivation and leadership
- Flexibility and adaptability
- An expanded world view and multicultural perspective
To Take Part in a Life-Changing Experience
With proper planning and preparation, the study abroad experience can truly be life-changing. Nationwide, students who have studied abroad consistently count their international experience as one of the best parts of their college careers. They report that they not only advanced academically but also acquired a renewed sense of intellectual energy and focus, as well as a more sophisticated view of the world around them.
In all, for those students who undertake the challenge, living and studying abroad is one of the most exciting and enriching opportunities available at UNO. Ask your Faculty Advisor for more information about Study Abroad courses, or visit the Study Abroad Office website.