Urban Health Opportunities Program
Urban Health Opportunities Program (UHOP)- Pre-Nursing
|Mission||Program Highlights||Eligibilty Requirements|
|Program Committments||UNMC Admission Criteria||Apply Now|
The purpose of the UHOP program is to diversify the urban Nebraska primary care healthcare workforce by identifying and preparing qualified students from underrepresented groups to enter and succeed in nursing school.
UHOP scholars will include those considered underrepresented by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Tuition assistance at UNO starting freshman year for UHOP scholars
- Mentoring by UNMC nursing students
- Opportunities to provide mentorship
- Successful program completion results in guaranteed admission to the UNMC Nursing program
- Apply as a high school senior
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Nebraska Residency
- High School GPA ≥3.0
- Recommendation letters
- Demonstrate a strong interest in a career in nursing
- Full-time enrollment at UNO for 2 years, then full-time enrollment at UNMC for 2 years
- Community volunteering
- Participation in summer enrichment programs at UNMC or UNO
- First-year students experience weekly meeting
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Completion of specified UNO classes
Successful candidates will meet all program requirements during undergraduate study while maintaining a 3.25 GPA.
-Incoming pre-nursing freshmen starting UNO in Fall 2021, click the link below to apply:
Scholarship applications will close at 11:59pm on July 11th, 2021. To be considered, please ensure all materials have been submitted by this deadline.
-Nebraska high school seniors starting UNO in Fall 2022, please follow the instructions below:
To access and complete the scholarship application:
- Sign in to AcademicWorks, the University’s scholarship management system. (You must first be admitted to the university to access this site.)
- Complete and submit the General Application Questions for university-wide scholarships.
- Apply for the Urban Health Opportunities Program: Pre-Nursing scholarship in AcademicWorks.
Application open date for 2021 TBD.