Urban Health Opportunities Program- Pre-Nursing
Urban Health Opportunities Program (UHOP)- Pre-Nursing
|Mission||Program Highlights||Eligibilty Requirements|
|Program Committments||UNMC Admission Criteria||Apply Now|
The purpose of the UHOP program is to diversify the urban Nebraska healthcare workforce by identifying and preparing qualified students from underrepresented groups to enter and succeed in health professions training.
UHOP scholars will include those considered underrepresented by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
•UNO tuition remission for UHOP Scholars
•First-year UHOP meetings and tutoring experiences
•Mentoring by UNMC Nursing students
•Opportunities to provide mentorship
•Successful program completion results in guaranteed admission to the UNMC Nursing program
•Incoming first time freshman- Apply as a high school senior
•U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident
•Letters of Recommendation
•High School GPA ≥3.0
•ACT score submission
•Demonstrate a strong interest in nursing as a career
- Full-time enrollment at UNO for 2 years, then full-time enrollment at UNMC for 2 years
- Community volunteering
- Participation in summer enrichment programs at UNMC or UNO
- First-year students experience weekly meeting
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Completion of specified UNO classes
Successful candidates will meet all program requirements during undergraduate study while maintaining a 3.25 GPA.
Nebraska high school seniors starting UNO in Fall 2023, please follow the instructions below
To access and complete the scholarship application:
- Sign in to AcademicWorks, the University’s scholarship management system. (You must first be admitted to the university to access this site.)
- Complete and submit the General Application Questions for university-wide scholarships.
- Apply for the Urban Health Opportunities Program: Pre-Nursing scholarship in AcademicWorks.