UNO Advanced Placement® Summer Institute
|Schedule||Registration | online | (PDF form)||Housing|
The UNO Advanced Placement® Institute is designed not only for those currently teaching Advanced Placement® courses, but also for those who will be teaching AP® courses, honors and/or accelerated classes, and special courses that feed into an AP® program. Courses are designed for both new and experienced AP® teachers and focus on what is new in the AP® curriculum, as well as offering an overview of the AP® semester/year long course, its objectives, and exam content. The interaction and sharing of pedagogy and content between the faculty and the AP® teachers provide for an exciting and challenging week that results in improved teaching and learning in the Advanced Placement® classroom.
- Our faculty members are College Board® endorsed.
- The 2017 University of Nebraska at Omaha Advanced Placement® Summer Institute is endorsed by the College Board® and the Metropolitan Omaha Education Consortium.
All questions should be directed to:
Department of Political Science
University of Nebraska at Omaha
UNO Department of Political Science
Mr. Michael Ralph | Biology
Michael Ralph teaches general and honors freshman biology,
Dr. Janice Rech | Calculus AB/BC
Janice Rech is an Associate Professor of Mathematics and focuses
Dr. Edmund Tisko | Chemistry
Edmund Tisko, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, teaches General Chemistry
Dr. David Peterson | English Language & Composition
David Peterson, a certified College Board consultant, teaches First Year Writing,
Max Lu | Human Geography
Mrs. Connie Wells | Physics I: Algebra-Based
Connie Wells has a Master of Science Degree in Physics from
Dr. Rob McEntarffer | Psychology
Rob McEntarffer taught Psychology and AP Psychology for 13 years at Lincoln
Dr. James Guffey | Statistics
Dr. Guffey has been teaching statistics and mathematics at Truman
Mr. Paul Faeh | US History
Paul Faeh is a social studies teacher at Hinsdale South High School,
Mr. Kevin Witte | World History
Kevin Witte teaches Social Studies (AP World History and AP Human Geography)
July 17-20, 2017 | 8:00am - 5:00pm | Monday - Thursday
Advanced Placement Summer Institute Costs
* There is an additional $50 lab fee for courses in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Registration fees includes course materials, parking and lunch.
- APSI materials and registration ticket will be sent after payment has been received.
- Graduate credit hours can be earned for additional cost. Please inquire with the coordinator.
- No registrations after July 14th
- Payments must be received by July 14th
|Register Online (online payment coming soon) | Download Registration PDF|
• Your registration costs, less $50, will be refunded if the participant cancels in writing to Kristin Broyhill by 5PM CST on July 29.
• No refunds offered for those who register after this time unless UNO cancels a course.
• UNO and College Board are not responsible for any associated costs incurred by participants.
- There are rooms reserved for the Advanced Placement® Institute at the Marriott Courtyard, located at 1625 South 67 Street, Omaha, NE 68106.
- The direct phone number is 402.951.4300.
- Please ask for the Advanced Placement® rate.
- Continental breakfast and dinner are available at cost in the Bistro Cafe in the Courtyard.
Follow the reservation link below:
ADVANCED PLACEMENT® SUMMER INSITUTE
Parking codes will be sent out via e-mail.
Summer Institute Meal Information
- Continental Breakfast to be served on Monday during registration only. Check-in for textbooks, name tags, etc. will be done at this time.
- Breakfast is on your own Tuesday-Thursday.
- Lunch will be served each day.
Our Campus. Otherwise Known as Omaha.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. Learn more about Equity, Access and Diversity.