Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP)
Which states participate in the MSEP?
Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Wisconsin.
Who is eligible to participate?
You must be a legal resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Wisconsin. You must be enrolling as a non-resident student at a participating MSEP campus to receive the discount.
How much can I save?
Participating students will typically realize savings between $500 and $3,000.
Do UNO graduate college/programs participate in the MSEP?
Yes! The University of Nebraska at Omaha participates in the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP), an interstate initiative established by the Midwestern Higher Education Commission to increase educational opportunities for students in its member states. This program enables residents from these 9 states to enroll in participating institutions at reduced tuition levels. Tuition for MSEP students attending participating public institutions is equal to no more than 150% of the regular in-state tuition rate. The cost to MSEP students is lower than regular non-resident tuition.
MSEP Cost per Credit Hour*
|On and Off-Campus/Offutt Courses||Resident||Non-Resident||MSEP|
|Graduate - UNO**||$245.25||$645.75||$367.87|
* The MSEP tuition reduction is applied to the UNL tuition rate for Engineering courses based at UNO.
** Online/Distance Courses: The rates provided here are for on-campus courses only. For distance education tuition, MSEP participants will be billed at the distance education nonresident rate or 150% of the distance education resident rate, whichever is less.
Eligibility Requirement & Guidelines for MSEP
- The student must be admitted to UNO in a degree program and have provided the required credentials necessary to determine academic qualification for the MSEP program.
- The student must advise the UNO Graduate Studies Office that MSEP status is desired.
- The recent year's home state tax return must be provided confirming the student resides in an MSEP member state.
- The student must meet all academic performance levels required for the UNO Advantage Scholarship Program.
- Students are considered a non-resident for tuition purposes. The Student Account's Office makes the appropriate tuition adjustments to the MSEP rates after the student has registered for classes. In order to receive the continued benefits of the program, the student must maintain a 3.00 cumulative grade point average. MSEP participants cannot establish residency for the purposes of paying in-state tuition.