Course Design Review
What is a Course Design Review?
A Course Design Review is an optional review of a course that utilizes the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). An instructional designer reviews a course of your choosing according to the components of the Open Suny Course Quality Review Rubric (OSCQR). By requesting a course design review, faculty are seeking feedback and suggestions about strategies to improve the flow and design of their digital course materials. NOTE: The course design review process is confidential between the Instructional Designer and the faculty member.
What is Evaluated in the Course Design Review?
An instructional designer will review
- course organization/layout/design
- Instructional methods used
- Accessibility of your course
- feedback on assessments linked to student learning outcomes
To see the Rubric used, please look over the Course Design Review rubric.
What is the Course Design Review Process?
- Faculty Request a Course Design Review by filling out the Course Review Request Form.
- An Instructional Designer is assigned to the course review
- The Instructional Designer completes the review within 2-4 weeks
- The faculty member and Instructional Designer meet to discuss the review, suggestions, and answer questions
- The faculty member can decide which suggestions they would like to implement
How Long Does a Course Design Review Take?
A Course Design Review will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to complete the review. Once the review has been completed, a digital learning team member will contact you and set up a meeting to go over the rubric and answer any questions.
What is the Compensation for Completing a Course Design Review?
Faculty members receive $250 for completing a course design review.
How Often Do You Review Requests?
You can Request a Course Review at any point throughout the year. When you request a review, they will be assigned to one of our instructional designers.