Bringing a Course or Program Online
From In-class to Remote to Fully-Online
As recently discussed at the May 14, 2020 campus-wide strategic planning forum, faculty are teaching with technology using a variety of strategies that fall on a continuum.
Developing a new program can be equally as daunting as it us exciting. Let us help you outline your next steps, review market research, recommend resources, and be your guide through the approval processes.
Contact the Online Learning team to get started with:
- Academic Affairs Approval Process
- Market Research
- Grant Opportunities
- Teaching and Learning Best Practices
- Open Educational Resources
- Marketing Opportunities
- Instructional Design
Existing programs (degrees, certificates, majors, minors and concentrations) may add or change a delivery mode through CourseLeaf for review by the Education Policy Advisory Committee (EPAC) and approval by the Office of Academic Affairs. Approved programs will be marketed on UNO's Majors & Programs, website, and print materials.
Contact Alex Zatizabal Boryca to get started.
The following is a collaborative approval process between Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) and Digital Learning (DL). Approval Workflow (Adding online delivery to a program) - PDF
1. Kickoff Interest Meeting
Stakeholders: Faculty, Chairperson and Digital Learning
- Department Goal
- Digital Learning Support Areas
- Market Demographics
2. Summit Meeting
Stakeholders: Faculty, Chairperson, Dean, Digital Learning and Peer Program
- College Goals
- Best Practices
- Grant Opportunities
- Faculty Capacity
- Existing Gaps
- Market Insights/Demand
- NU Online
3. Build Development Plan
Stakeholders: Faculty, Chairperson, Dean, Digital Learning and Advising
- Course Rotation
- Course Inventory
- Technology Needs
- Support Areas
- Faculty Capacity/Workload
4. Digital Learning Approval
Stakeholders: Digital Learning and NU Online
- Recommendation made to Office of Academic Affairs based on feasibility of development plan.
5. Office of Academic Affairs Approval
Stakeholders: Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Academic Affairs approval pending Digital Learning and EPAC recommendations.
6. Execute Development Plan, Marketing and Launch
Stakeholders: Faculty, Chairperson, Digital Learning, NU Online and University Communications
- Development checkpoints are managed by department and Digital Learning team.
- Digital Learning, University Communications and NU Online handle marketing coordination, niche markets and launch strategy.