As a Carnegie engaged campus, UNO is fully committed to creating value through mutually-beneficial partnerships where information and expertise is shared and applied for the common good.
The Community Engagement Partnership Initiative (CEPI) is a student-developed tool that collects and showcases meaningful partnerships through individual projects.
Read about UNO students, faculty, staff, and projects exemplify a commitment to community engagement. Their work represents the breadth of UNO’s involvement in various causes.
Academic Community Engagement
Visualizing Community Engagement Data
Academic Community Engagement Ensures:
- A stronger community and university
- The success of our diverse student population
- A vibrant democracy
- The discovery and creative activity relevant to the needs of contemporary society
- Improved quality of life in our community through collaboration and reciprocity
- The cultivation of skills necessary for a 21st-century workforce
- A competitive workforce that responds to the needs of our local economy
- Dynamic partnerships with nonprofits, government agencies, and businesses